We enjoyed having Lily's Nan, 'Poppy' help us overcome some design problems with Mrs T, Anita C and Casey's help we managed to create 5 patterns and winged cloaks ready for pinning, sewing and painting next week. We had to partner up and use our measurement skills to make sure our cloaks are the right size, shape and fit for the person wearing it. We had to help measure up the elastic and count up the right amount of elastic strips needed to fit all the costumes too!
Melissa our 'artist in residence' worked through Clayton's Karearea (NZ Falcon) mask, applying the painting techniques and colour mixing that she will workshop with Room 3 children next week also.
On Monday and Tuesday Mrs T will continue our costume workshop with our helpers, Anita Capergreco, Anita Allen, Melissa and any other parents who turn up to help us...
Room 3 is also keeping a Journal or Diary of our daily activities for the production as we move closer to it...here is Aishlyn's reflection from Wednesday:
this is what I have enjoyed lately...we have been making puppets, we have a partner and my partner is Ciara and we are making a Kiwi, it has been going very well. Alison has been helping us make it and I even learnt how to backstitch! We decided to focus on our main puppets Tohoroa, Inanga, Whakamehau Mountain and Kahawai in groups because our other puppets will take much longer to complete-we are parking these for now, but we'll come back to them later. Maybe we will make a movie on our iPads with them I think.
Also we have been designing costumes. I am designing Korimako's (Bellbird) costume (I really like Bess and Lily's design, they are making Tui and Kereru). I am excited to see it come to life soon.
Annie helped me write up and publish my writing on Print Shop which is being used in the production script, so Mr B can cut and paste it, piecing it together with the other writer's from Room 3. It is fun to participate in creating this production, I think it will be really cool.
Ok so anyhow, talk to you tomorrow!