At the beginning of the week we divided into groups of three with a focus on Working together/Mahitahi and following instructions-for procedural writing. Mrs T deliberately gave us instructions that needed to be edited because they were wrong.
We had to reflect and discover the mistakes and correct these before we could proceed in making smoothies, fruit salad and carrot sticks and fairy bread. We all really enjoyed it because we got to try different things. Some challenges we faced were choosing roles for who would do what, so we had to notice who was good at buttering, cutting and following instructions. Each person completed one of the activities for the rest of the group.
Obviously we ended up having a good morning tea! (Recount by Lily Pilkinton-Brodie Year 6)
We used iPads and iMacs for idea gathering if we needed them and drafted our monster sketches before going into good copies.
The idea is to create a monster that is divided into 3 so that it can be cut so the pages can be flipped to create a variety of different creatures-monsters that are pretty mixed up!
After our monsters were drawn up and published we then needed to write 3 sets of statements describing their heads, torso and legs. We challenged ourselves with success criteria that meant we had to use descriptive language to describe their features. We then needed to check our writing buddies work to make sure we were using adjectives, smilies, metaphors or adding greater details to ensure we really described our hideous beasts well!